Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Final Road Day

Woke up to sunshine.  No big deal in Barstow.  Had a waffle and some juice at the motel.  Stayed there because of the lack of RV spaces in the area and in was a long way the next town, Needles.  Stopped in a rest area along I-40 and tried to adjust the headlights.  I had purchased new bulbs at NAPA with help from a clerk, but they just would not fit in properly.  I was very frustrated.  It was going to get dark before we arrived in ORPI so I needed to get the problem fixed.  I remembered that two years ago when we stayed at Buckeye for a couple of nights, a new Ford dealership was being built.  Stopped there.  A tech could not get the bulbs installed either, so I purchased official Ford bulbs.  They were about 1/4 inch shorter than the NAPA bulbs.  They fit with no trouble.  Problem solved!!
   Back on the road about 4pm.  Stopped in Ajo at Olsen's IGA for a few groceries and continued south another 40 miles to our destination.  Pulled into the volunteer campground about 7:30 and set up just what was needed to be secure, ate supper, and went to bed.  Have spent the next several days getting all the added things done.  Out side lights., tire covers, dish aimed,flower banner put in front.
I think we are officially set up now.

No comments: