Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Plumbing

I hate plumbing.  It always leaks.  No plumbing is done in a comfortable position.  (usually under something).  Although, after having had to call a plumber to repair a leak outside the house this fall, they are paid very well !
    Getting back to yesterday, the shower has been dripping, during usage.  Finally the hose connection split so a replacement was purchased at Sutherlands, a local home improvement store.  When I tightened the fittings, I over tightened the plastic of the valve area split so when you showered, it .........(that's right, it leaked! )
    Yesterday morning, I disassembled the unit and headed for town with everything in a plastic bag. Sutherlands did not have it.  They have faucets and handles, etc, but not plumbing stuff.  "Try a plumbing supply store" was my advice.  Following directions, I found the store.  " Oh this is for an RV.  We don't have anything for a RV.  You will have to go to a RV store."  So it was off to Kerrville.  After a pleasant 25 miles south on Hwy 16, we arrived in Kerrville, crossed under I-10 an found a RV dealer after a couple of miles.  Not only did they have the part, but we had the choice of white or "chrome".   Kerrville RV a nice store with friendly people.
    Then it was time to find a grocery store before heading home.  The found the Texas based
"H E B" store and filled several of our shopping bags with a week's supplies. HEB and a Walmart are, far as I can tell, Fredricksburg's grocery choices.  We prefer to avoid "Wallie World" when there is a local alternative available.  Oh, by the way, reassembled the shower unit last night.  I let it sit overnight to check for leaks and attached it this morning.  My wife is happy to have the mess gone.

   

No comments: