Saturday, January 2, 2021

BTA First Day Jan 1, 2021

Boy, am I glad to be typing 2021 !  The further we get from 2020, the better.  I know it's going to take a good portion of 2021 to get through this. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  It may only be a pin-prick of a light, but it is a lightening of the darkness.  All I can say is,  Welcome 2021

  Randa and I start out the new year with a new address.  For the next four months we will be temporary Arizona residents.  Our location is inside the fences of Boyce Thompson Arboretum 1 mile west of Superior, Arizona.  The rig is parked with several other volunteer rigs in a private area not too far from the main visitor parking lot.  We have full hook-ups and a building with two washers and driers nearby.  Having free laundry is a big deal.  Last year, at Kartchner Caverns, we had to drive into town to do laundry.  A half-day and $20 was spent.

   Monday, we start training.  There's a new volunteer supervisor, Shelbi, so changes are be expected.  We here that the tours are a bit different.  Shorter.  Less participants. A completely new area to explore and learn.  I am not the less bit concerned about it.  The knowledge is stuck up in our brain will kick in once we are "out there".  It always does.  I remember when we were at Malheur Wildlife Refuge.  Our first day back at Sod House Ranch after a couple of years.  A family showed up, so I greeted them and started telling them about the ranch.  As we walked around the 140+ year old site, the "story" came into my head and unfolded before us.  It was like magic.  So it be like that here at BTA as we greet our guests this coming week.  I look forward to it.  




No comments: