Saturday, October 17, 2020

A New Roof Day 2

   Saturday, the last day.  I sure hope it is the last day.  Six roofers showed up this morning.  The biggest crew so far in our 2 week "adventure".  Banging going on in several areas overhead.  Looking forward to a dry and silent roof.  For some reason I came up with a revelation yesterday.  Roofing companies are just like any other contractor.  Only the largest ones have permanent workers.  The rest like the one I chose, use subcontractors.  So the group that was up on my roof last week were contracted by NW.  Probably never again.  The crew this week are a totally different "sub".  He was hired by Tommy to get the job done right.  As far as I can see, he doing just that.  He has been roofing for 12 years.    

    The weather is cooperating as well.  It is cloudy and cool.  Chance of rain is low.  To quote a roofing joke,  "Things are looking up."

No comments: