Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Beach Affair 5.30.11

I had an affair this morning.  I walked the beach at Bandon.  It was just the beach and me.  (The dogs were a long ways away at the end of their leashes.)   The morning was early. The air was calm.  The beach was nearly deserted.  The ocean was there, singing to me, whispering to me, beckoning to me to come for a stroll.  And so I did.  I enjoyed the clouds vreating a multi-level quilt in the sky.  I enjoyed the sun playing on the wet sand where the waves had just been.  I enjoyed walking around the tall rock formations that thrust up from the beach and dare the ocean to wash them away.  The Pacific hasn’t yet, but it still tries.  I enjoyed looking for a treasure that the ocean has deposited there for me to find. 

   And so the beach and I had our moment together.  It was brief but it was good.  If I get crabs from it, I will cook them.  If the day turns to rainy and stormy I can still look out my window and say, “We had this morning.”

No comments: