Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Freezing


We had our first taste of fall this past week-end. The clouds came in, the wind came up ( about 30 mph) and it got cold. At night it was near freezing and with the wind chill, it really was uncomfortable. Saturday we had the A/C and Sunday the furnace. We were scrambling around the ranch getting the set-up chores done so we could find a quiet, out-of-the-way spot to sit in the sun and out of the wind. Quite a challenge! By Tuesday, the wind had gone away and it was beautiful again. Lots of visitors at the ranch, Sunday, but Monday was as deader than a doornail. I guess everyone was headed for home. Tuesday was quiet too. I had time to practice my roping "skills". They need lots of practice time, believe me. The young ones are still getting bottle fed. Every morning Linda (who owns the cattle) comes to see how they are doing and brings some milk suppliment for feedign to the two young ones. R looks forward to helping with the feeding. Even though they are young, they can suck like crazy! You really have to hang on to that bottle.

R & I are hoping that now that school has started again, people without kids will start to head out for adventures in the great fall weather that Oregon has in September and the first half of October.

I am starting to notice an increasing number of geese flying over me in the morning when I walk the girls. They are gathering up for their trip south for the winter. Sounds good to me. we are starting to think about where we want to go this winter. Hmmm...........

No comments: