Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The Hunt for Fido #7

 I am here to announce that the hunt is not over yet.  We drove the hour and a half to Eugene to attend a adoption event at the local PetSmart.  By the 6 o'clock start time the waiting line in the store was 20 + people long.  All were waiting for a chance to find a new furry family member.  There were big dogs and little. Adult and puppies.  Lots of puppies.  I think that's what most folks came for.

   We went there to see a particular dog, Parker.  The photo on the website showed a little white cutie.  And a cutie, he was.  He was a very happy, active dog.  But he just did not feel like the right mix so we declined to adopt him.  Fortunately there was another couple that was interested in him, so he was going to go to a new home that night.   


   Today I did some more searching online.  I have been in some of these sites so often I know them by heart.  It does seem that the rescue organizations are hampered by Covid19 precautions so the wheels do not turn very swiftly.  It's a test of patience for sure.  But with the help of a friend, I found a new site, Match Made In Heaven Rescue.  On their website I found another dog to apply for.  Take a look at Romeo.


Romeo is a three year old Yorkie mix.  He gets major points in cuteness don't you think?  I'll keep you informed.  I am keeping calm.  We have been disappointed several times so far.

No comments: