Thursday, May 14, 2020

Observations of the Trip

Spending four days on the road and traveling 1400 miles gives you the time to think and observe.  Here are some of my observations.

Traffic  -  The roads are nearly empty.  Driving through Phoenix and Las Vegas is usually a "both hands on the wheel, eyes wide open, ever on the alert"  kind of experience.  Not so much this time.  It mid- morning but it felt like middle of the night. 
   Another view.  Reno is the home of Sherwin-Williams Paint.  Normally driving the route between home and Arizona, we meet or get passed by at least a dozen SW trucks.  This trip, three.

Food  -   Groceries, no problem.  Grocery and quick trip markets are open.

Restaurants -  That's a different story.  Many are closed.  The ones that are open are "Delivery, Drive-Thru  and Take Out only.  A little more difficult when you are driving a RV.   Fast food Restaurants are more accessible because they are in shopping centers or truck stops but you can only eat so much fast food.  So cooking in your RV is much better.

Lodging -  Do I want to stay at a motel, where I HOPE that the room that the bed that I am sleeping in was used by someone else last night?  Hmmm.   My RV is my home.  It is my bed.  It is much better.

Flying -  Getting jammed into an enclosed metal container with 50 other people who may or may not have bathed today?   I don't think so !

Bottom line.  Traveling is ok.  But be careful.   Take your rig.

No comments: