Thursday, March 29, 2018

Anniversary

   Saturday March 31 is the Fifty First anniversary of the first date I had with a cute young lady from Fairmont, Minnesota.

   I met her in bowling class Winter Quarter at Mankato State.  She was in the alley next to me because we were placed alphabetically and her maiden name was Volk.  Luckily the V's and W's shared the ball return so we had chances to talk.  I liked talking and joking with her and she looked good in bowling shoes so I asked her out.
     It was a Friday and we both had jobs later so we found time after classes and before work.  We drove out to Minneopa State Park near Mankato and wandered around and then explored the Grist Mill nearby.  It was great fun.  I enjoyed her company.  I enjoyed her sweetness.  I enjoyed her presence. 
 
      I still do.

No comments: