Thursday, April 5, 2012

USAF

Yesterday had a special moment.  Thanks to the Air Force. 
R and I were conducting one of the driving tours of the Ajo Mountain Drive.  We had just stopped at a wonderful specimen on an Organ Pipe and R was telling its story, when I heard and then saw a couple of jets loafing over the nearby mountains.
A10 Warth... A-10 Warthog

The pilots must have seen us because they came over for a look.  As the second one passed, I waved and they were gone.  The lesson resumed.  A few minutes later they appeared from behind the another mountain and headed straight for us, flying low and slow.  As the first plane got close the pilot banked the aircraft so that he got a good look at the group and we all got a good look at the top of the plane.  I don't know what the others did, but I gave the pilot a smile and a wave.  It was a great moment.

No comments: