Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday March 3, 2012

Today R and I are on the schedule as "C". That means we are to do our evening program. It's a time we look forward to. The visitors like it ans we have a good time. The "C" schedule means that one of us goes in aobut Noon and spends the afternoon in the Visitor Center and gives the 1:30 patio talk. It's my turn today so I have a couple of hours before I put on my uniform and travel to the VC. It is close enough to walk.
Half an hour ago I grabbed my towel and accessories and walked across the driveway to the volunteer building (the Sonora Room) to take a shower. As I exited the trailer I saw a movement at the edge of the paved patio next to out trailer. A medium-sized lizard was hunting. As I slowly peeked around the camp chair it jerked and wounded a moth. The moth flopped around for a few seconds and then disappeared inside the mouth of the lizard. It was so fast that I almost did not see it happen. One minute it was there and the next all I saw was the edge of the wing sticking out of the lizard's mouth. One second alive, another second lunch.

No comments: