Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Voyager

I am a Trekkie. Have been since James Kirk fought his way across the galaxy. I have enjoyed all the Star Trek movies. The TV series; Generations, Deep Space Nine, Voyager.
Now, while we have been here on San Juan Island, I have had access to the entire collection, all seven years of Star Trek Voyager. Captain Janeway, Tuvok, Ensign Kim, Paris, and my favorite Seven of Nine.
If you are not a trekkie, or have forgatten, the starship Voyager has been thrown a gazillion light years away from home. Janeway and her crew are traveling through uncharted space encountering unknown aliens and un-thought-of situations along the way back home.
This morning as I was walking the girls, I came to the conclusion that R and I are a lot like Capt. Janeway and her crew. We spend a lot of time alone in a far away place, meeting new people, eating new food, visiting strange lands on our trips to and from our homeland.

We are fellow voyagers!

Live Long and Prosper!

No comments: