Monday, November 22, 2010

Selling a Car




I'm in the midst of selling my family car. I would much rather just trade it in but for two reasons; money and car dealers. Actually, they are basically the same reason. We would all have more money if we could avoid car dealers all together.




I sold my Porsche using craigslist with little or no hassle. But you have to admit that there is a big difference between a 78 911SC Targa and a 2003 Chevy Venture Van. And so the story begins.




I listed the van on Craigslist a week ago. Wrote a nice description, included four pictures just like I did with the Targa. Nothing. No response.




I have visited several dealerships checking out various cars that were on my "short list" as possible future members of my "fleet". We are looking at cars with an automatic transmission. My favorite so far is the Mini Cooper or "Mini" as it is known.



It was once a British car that is now owned by BMW. It is a small, nimble, sporty car that is cute and fun to drive but pretty much useless as a family car. As a second car, perfect. As the only car, not quite as perfect.




So moving on. What else is interesting?






PT Cruiser. No Doesn't seem to be well made. Built on Neon Chassis. Plastic interior. Seems cheap



HHR I don't think so. I like the looks but it is built on a Cobalt chassis. Plastic inside.



XB ---- Made by Scion. I like the looks, drives well, lots of goodies inside.



Prius Toyota Like the car but too expensive to buy new. Not sure about used battery


CRV


Forester


Rav4


Element




I will keep you posted on the hunt. The best so far is the XB. I like the looks of them especially thru 2007. The later ones are sleeker and bigger, but not as unique.






No comments: