Saturday, December 21, 2019

Preparation

Yesterday afternoon the rain subsided.  Stopped actually.  So it gave me time to do some outside tasks.  I played with my truck.  😀  I swept out the box.  Wiped down the inner walls.  Loaded a few tools.  I even decided to wipe off the differential cover.  (If had been warmer, I might have painted it.) 
    As I was under there, I noticed the spare tire hanging above me.  I had forgotten about it !  I wonder when the last time the air pressure had been checked. Getting the spare down is an interesting task.  I removed the jack which from its position on top of the radiator.  It had been awhile since I had removed the spare so I looked at my owners manual in the glove box.  Sure enough I had forgotten the special tool that attaches to the end of the jack.  It is then inserted into the cone next to the rear license plate.

You can see the jack handle sticking out of the hole next to the license plate.  By turning the "crank" lowers the spare allowing access.  I pulled it out enough to check the air pressure.  40psi.     Not good.  Several minutes on the compressor got it up to 60+ psi.  Then reversing the cranking put it back underneath the box until needed.

No comments: