Saturday, December 17, 2016

Snow Report (Update)

It's still here.  Sort of.  Major streets and sunny locations are pretty much clear.  Protected areas, the north side of buildings, shaded intersections, some sidewalks still are white or icy.  The side yard outside my window as I type this is still totally snow covered which I really enjoy.  Walking with the boys during the snowfall and the next morning was winter wonderful.  The scene 24 hours later was quite a bit different.
    R has been watching many ( too many) Christmas movies that she has recorded so she can skip through the voluminous number of commercials.  Besides being totally predicable, ( girls goes home to visit and meets old boyfriend, they fall in love, she gives up a big promotion in the city to live in the small town and everything is great.  Anyway, I have been exposed to many of these cinematic marvels that started right after Thanksgiving.  There are several similar items.  Snow in different amounts depending on locale.  (An exception with the movie, "Christmas on the Bayou")  Next time you tune into one of these, check out the snow.  It's always perfect.   In my neighborhood on the day after the snow was covered with footprints, debris, tire tracks, etc.  Sidewalks were shoveled haphazardly, some done, some ignored,  Walking on them this morning even with the temperature at 26 was dangerous.  The footing was bumpy at best.  Some areas were clear, but most were frozen rough snow and ice.  I spent most of the walk looking down, trying not to fall.  I was happy to get off the sidewalk and find a unpaved trail to take the boys on.  I think they were too.  A change of weather will take care of this problem.  I think the change will come Sunday or Monday.  I will miss the snow.

No comments: