Friday, January 13, 2012

New Tires

   2:08 pm  America's Tire  Eugene, Or.

I’m sitting in the lobby of a tire store.  My appointment was for 2pm and my truck is still parked outside.  I am disappointed but not shocked.  I can see the workers out in the shop and they are all busy so it is understandable.  This is a busy place for sure.  And so I am killing time.

  

Killing Time.  -  An interesting idiom. -  How does one kill that that you cannot touch or feel?  Can you murder time?  Can you wound or hurt time?  What a waste, to kill time.  With so much going on, places to be, things to do, to sit and twiddle away an hour seems almost criminal.

  

But it is checking off one of the items on my list for the trip.  Of course it is costing more than I had hoped to pay, but that is normal for me.  But, as they say, it’s only money.



   2:20 pm

The rig has been driven into the shop and parked in a bay.



   2:27 pm

Jacks are being slid underneath and it’s being raised up.



   2:31pm

Tires taken off.



   2:43 pm

Both tires remounted and leaning nearby.



   2:46 pm

 Both tires being bolted on and torqued down.



   2 48 pm

 Backing it out.



 I must say that that once the truck was driven into the shop, it was a half hour to get the job done.  The folks with the appointments can still only get their work done if there is an open bay.  Today there was not.  The phone rang almost continuously with requests for quotes.  America’s Tires is a busy place.  They say that they will beat anyone’s price and I have found that true even Costco’s.

No comments: