Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beating the Storm

Tuesday morning I woke up listening to the weather report, "Incoming Storm Promises Snow in the Mountains". Alarm Bell !! Time to get outta there..

Our original plan was to leave Wednesday, drive over Willamette Pass, spend the night in Klamath Falls, then travel through Reno, Tonopah, Vegas, Parker, ending in Quartzsite for a week before ending in Organ Pipe.

New plan, get out of town as fast as we can, head south on I-5, up over Siskiyou Pass, and south on I-5 to Bakersfield, east through Barstow to Needles, then Parker and so on...

We left Eugene at 1:30pm excited, harried, but loaded. By forty miles the rain stopped, seventy miles the road was dry. And so we trucked on, leaving the nervous driving conditions behind. Up over Siskiyou Pass, dry as a bone and on. Through Weed, "Should we stop here? No let's keep going." Finally, at 8:15 we pulled into JGW RV Park in Anderson, glad to be parked. Quick supper and into bed.

Wednesday Morning. Checked the road conditions. I-5 is closed do to snow. Too many accidents. Am I glad we decided to make a run for it? You bet!!!

Quick breakfast and hit the road. Nope. The bedroom slide will not move, nothing happens when I flip the switch. I checked the fuses I knew about to no avail, so I call for a repair person.

An hour later, he arrives, checks various areas (all unknown to me) and finds an almost hidden burned fuse. Voila! A new $2.99 fuse and a $150 check written.

But we are back on the road again tomorrow. If you need RV help in the Redding area, Einstein RV Repair is a good choice.

No comments: