Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Day After

   I woke up the next day with my face so swollen that I my eyes were just slits.  My face looked like I had gone several rounds with the Big Bruiser.  Myh eyes did not want to stay open, so I spent Friday just lying around napping.  Saturday was better.  I was still puffy, but I we still went out to enjoy the sunshine.  R and I are thinking about getting a different vehicle.  We have ruled out a Mini.  So the XB and Prius were next up.  I have driven an early XB ( meaning before 2007) and like them a lot.  The later one sits better and is larger inside and out, but don't know how it drives.  I still prefer the looks of the older model XB. 
   Now the Prius.  I have always been intrigued by it.  I love the idea.  I think the time has come for us to modify our driving machines.  With that in mind, I have been thinking about getting one.  Yesterday, both of us drove a 2011.  It was the base model but still had lots of features. We liked the way it drove.  So the Prius is at the top of our list right now.
   Today we went to Springfield Toyota and drove a 2008 Prius with 40000 miles.  It still drove like a new vehicle.  It is amazing how well the Prius holds its value.  The 2011 we drove yesterday was for sale at $22600.   The 08 today has an asking price of $17995 .  It is a "higher" model with navigation system but it shows that the car holds its value really well.
   The next step was to contact given to me by a friend.  This guy, Jim, finds cars that have been damaged and gets them fixed for a fraction of the "retail price".   Fifteen minutes after I called him he called me back with info about several Prius's that may be candidates for our use.  He is going to check on them and call me back.  I will keep you posted.

No comments: