Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ranch part 2



The ranch has been open four days now. We worked Mon, Tues and today, Wednesday. Monday we had the most we have ever had in one day, 28. It was fun. Lot of fun people who enjoyed themselves, asked lots of questions, and caused the day to zip by.
Then came Tuesday. No one. Nothing worse then sitting waiting for visitors and none show up. Today five. Better then zero but not much. Luckily I have been taking my loom with us so I did get a scarf done today. I don't want to start another until after R and I drive to John Day on Friday because there is a shop called Skiens that I want to stop at and see if I can get any new ideas from Teresa the owner . I'll let you know what I find out.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, everything is set up. The displays in the homestead house and the bunkhouse both look great. The cows have arrived. There are four yearling calves in one pasture and four cows with little ones in the big corral. Two of the moms have yet to become moms, but are due soon. So there are two little ones to enjoy right now with more to come.
The mosquitoes are still pesty but are definitely on the downhill side. The real pests are the horseflies. They are prevalent and nasty. It is very distracting to walk around the ranchsite these days because of these biting devils. The poor cows are really miserable right now. They are constantly moving, waving their tails, ears and heads in a futile attempt to keep the those biting flies away

No comments: