Monday, January 3, 2022

Jan 3, 2022

 Yikes it's 2022 already !   A short time ago we were leaving Canby on our adventure south.  Actually it was over a month.  We have been busy ever since.  I'm not complaining.  I would rather be busy and occupied than the opposite.  

    Here's where we are right now.  We have been here at Kartchner Caverns KC for nearly a month.  We are well settled in.  The boys are thriving here.  They enjoy our frequent walks in the visitor campground and all the trails that are in and surround the state park.  KC buts up against the Coronado National Forest so there are many directions to explore.  The Whetstone Mountains are our neighbors to the northwest.  

   Nigel is totally onboard with the hikes.  In fact he is normally in the lead.  When we first got him he was quite tentative on leash.  There were many scary objects along the sidewalks on our neighborhood.  After a couple of weeks those objects weren't scary any longer.  Now he is fearless.  He is exploring every sight and sound, walking through grass twice his height.  Stopping to check that Hunter and I are still at the end of the leash.

   Hunter is loving the walks as well.  He likes having Nigel around as company but the little guy can be a pest .  So there are days......

   Randa and I are getting in rhythm, I think.  We have been giving cave tours with mentors to perfect our guiding skills.  New Years Day Randa had one tour and I had one the final was my "check out" and  I "graduated".  I am now officially a guide at Kartchner Caverns.  The means I can fly solo.   Yipes !!

   Randa, for some reason, has not had as many tours as I have had, but she is almost ready to fly solo as well.  I am guessing that it will happen this week.  Giving tours here at KC is a bit more difficult than at Boyce Thompson.  Number 1.  is the timing.  The schedule is tight.  It runs like clockwork.  It is a bit of stress, especially when you are first learning the job.  I hope I've got.

This is the view on my morning walk .


No comments: