Tuesday, August 24, 2021

AFS

Yesterday I gave a tour of the Washington facility to several adult chaperones and 15 foreign exchange high school students that are attending SW Washington high schools.  A couple of weeks ago I was asked by the AFS coordinator if I would show them around and I said, "Sure".   It was great fun for me and, I think, educational for them.  I was surprised that they were all females.  I was also surprised by their master of the English language.  I doubt that I could ever speak any foreign language as well as they do. 

   I showed them the turbines.  I explained how electricity is made from water using simple props such as a bottle of water, a magnet, a pinwheel, a chunk of wire.  It is quite simple and it makes it easier to explain to the public.

No comments: