Saturday, January 4, 2020

On the road again 1/2/20

Yah I know, it made me think of Willie Nelson too.

  The time came for us to head south.  Thursday Jan 2, 2020.  We had been loading the truck and trailer (the rig) for several days.  Randa and I would think of one more item that we needed to load.  So, of course, we have way too much, but we are going to be gone for 7 months so we might need it.
   I had a tentative departure time of 8am and we actually drove away at 8:38 so I was pleasantly surprised.  Truck on down I-5 through Eugene and then east on Hwy 58.  Stopped for fuel and food in Oakridge.    Gas was $2.40 for regular and $2.83 for diesel !  (Cheapest in the whole state, I bet.)  90 minutes later we were at the top of Willamette Pass.  Only about 8 inches of snow on the roadside and none on the road, only wet pavement and pumice.  It makes for a dirty rig.

Once we reached the summit, it was less stressful and partly sunny, which was welcome.  Stopped in Klamath Falls for fuel and then south into California.  Spent the night in a small RV park in Alturas.  Old, but adequate.  21 overnight, but we were warm with heaters and under lots of covers.  More travel on Friday.  Nevada. 

No comments: