Sunday, March 31, 2019

Three days to piece of mind

   Last Sunday I took care of a potential travel problem with the trailer.  Remember the wheel bearing trouble we had coming down here?  Replacing the rear axle in Susanville eliminated that problem.  But the front axle still have not been touched.  A nagging problem that was in the back of my mind since we got here.
   So Sunday my neighbor, Mark, with me standing close by helping, jacked up front axle of the trailer and removed the two hubs.  Monday I took them to a shop in Gilbert to have new Neva-Lube bearings installed.  While I waited for a call from the shop, I took care of several other errands.  If you follow Family Circus in the funny papers you know the circuitous path that Billy takes when he goes on an adventure.  Well my path on Monday was just like that.  Computer shop. Ace Hardware, Costco, and  couple more.  At Noon I received a call from the shop.   The hubs were done and ready to go.   Time to head back to BTA.
   Tuesday morning, Mark came over and we reassembled the front axle.  We actually had time to hook the trailer electrical connection to the truck to check the brakes to see if they operated properly.  They did.  We finished in time for me to hurry over and help Randa with the 10am General Tour.

    It's such a comforting feeling to not have to worry about the wheel bearings and brakes for the trip back home.  Thank you to Mark Waterman for his mechanical abilities.
     

No comments: