Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Trip cont'd

Day 4 was relatively short.  Needles to Arizona City which is near Casa Grande.  I had asked Bob and Betty if we could park the trailer in their driveway while we were in the Phoenix area.  Pulling it into town would not have been fun.  Got to AC mid-afternoon and was parked and set up by supper time.  Spent two nights with our good friends and then drove the pick up into Mesa.  Spent New Years Day and 3 more with Aunt Gerry.  One of those days, Tuesday, was spent at the dentist.  The dentist is is Los Algodones, Mexico.  I had and appointment for 10am so I had to leave Mesa a little after 5am.  It's amazing how much traffic is on the road at that hour.  After a long day, a root canal, and a temporary crown in the morning and surgery to open the gum and fill a cavity below the gum line in the afternoon, I drove back to Mesa getting there about 8:20;  A long day.  The good news I felt fine the next day.  Spent the next few days doing fix-up chores for our host. 
    Left Friday, picked up the trailer and headed east down I-10, so it was trip Day 5.  Mesa to El Paso, Tx.  It only takes about 160 miles to cross New Mexico on I-10 so getting into Texas was doable.  Actually we parked in Anthony, Tx which is just inside the Tx border.  We left Arizona City a little later that I wanted, but it was difficult to say good-bye.  Arrived at the Anthony KOA about 6:15 which meant we set up in the dark.  I don;t unhook when we are on the road so it is a relatively easy and quick job.  We ate and were ready for bed fairly early.
   Day 6 (today) Anthony, Tx mp1 to Ozona, Tx mp 362.  Another easy drive.  light traffic, a nice tail wind.  I got 11.2 mpg which is great considering the rig I am driving.  Arrived here in Ozona about 5 pm, and it was still light.  I was happy for that. Set up, walked the boys and grilled supper.
  Tomorrow LBJ as it is only 166 miles from here.  Randa and I will be glad to be stationary for a while.

No comments: