Saturday, December 16, 2017

Truck

          The Truck is back !    The Truck is back !

   Yesterday I got the call from Millars Auto repair saying that the truck was finally finished.  The fuse box was replaced.  The batteries were recharged and the bill was less than the original estimate.  I paid the bill and headed up Hwy 99E to Milwaukee and M&S Glass. 
   While the windshield was being replaced, I walked a short distance to the Bomber Restaurant for a pleasant lunch.  After waiting for an hour and a half, I strolled back to the shop.  They were glad to see me to show me several broken clips that they discovered under the cowling.  The windshield was ready to be replaced but the tech thought that the clips were the culprits that allowed moisture to drip down unto the firewall and cause the problem with the fuse box.  I was happy to have that situation fixed.
   Time to head back south toward home.  I stopped for an oil and fuel filter change. It was good to be driving the truck again.  I parked the truck in it's spot in front of the house and spring the hood so that I could remove and flush the K&N air filter.  After letting it dry over night, I resprayed the element and it's ready to reinstall.  I also have the furnace running in the trailer right now to take out some the chill and dampness.
   Having the truck back is a very good thing.  !!

No comments: