Thursday, January 10, 2013

Weaving Again

   It's been a while since I have started a weaving project.  I got bogged down last year with a piece on the loom because I was fretting because some of the warp threads were twisted.  So I stopped for a while.  After we got home and I unloaded the loom, I decided to "tough it out" and I decided to complete the work.  It turned out that it wasn't such a terrible thing and my wife likes the scarf.
   With renewed energy I pulled out my warping board and started to plan ways to use all the yarn that I have accumulated.  I came up with several combinations that I think will look ok together.  I wound the warps on the warping board and tied them so that they will not get tangled and put each on the them into a Ziplock bag with the yarn that I will use for the weft.

  The warp is the material that runs lengthwise and the weft is the material that goes back and forth in the piece.  Either one can be colorful depending on your imagination.

   Then it was time to "warp the loom" or to load it.  By watching several U-Tube videos I finally figured out what I needed to do.  It is now officially warped.
 

No comments: