Monday, December 24, 2012

Patience Tested

   This guy is patient.  He knows that sometimes you need to wait for the right time.  I am not as patient as I should be.  I am readay to head to Arizona as soon as we get back from Klamath Falls.  The weather has changed our plans and now we will leave the trailer here at home, travel to Klamath Falls on Wednesday, have our family Christmas on Thursday and Friday and then drive back to Eugene where we will wait.......

    The reason for the wait is me.  To be more correct it is because on last Friday I got the opportunity to ride in an Ambulance to the hospital.  One minute I am lying in bed with my wife cuddling and the next she is trying to wake me up.  It wasn't a case of passing out.  It was something different.  EMTs came, and thus the ride to the ER at about 9am.  By 1pm, after lots of tests, attached leads, and samples, I was discharged with the thought that I had passed out from low fluids.  My wife did not agree with the diagnosis.  Me being low on fluids is unlikely because of all the water I drink.  I don't drink beer, pop, coffee.  Milk and water is about it. 
    The ER doctor called me about 2 hours after we got home and said that the blood tests had come back and it seems that I had a seizure of some kind.  What caused the seizure is still unknown.  Until the hospital calls with appointment times for an EEG and a MRI, we are waiting.  Then we will have a conversation with my doctor.  Until then, the ER doctor told me not to climb mountains, get up on the roof, and worst of all, not to drive.  So our trip south is in an holding pattern right now.
     It is interesting how your life can change in one day.

1 comment:

Rorik said...

Sorry to read about your medical issue, hope all works out and there is nothing serious.
Sherri and I wish you and Rhanda a Happy New Year!!