Wednesday, May 23, 2012

After ORPI

One day from ORPI to Williams, AZ  300 miles, elevation gain of 5500 feet.  Complete change of climate ( Sonoran Desert to High Pine Forest).  The actual trip was uneventful - luckily.  It could have been otherwise.  We stayed in the national forest just south of Williams, boondocking it's called, and when we were setting up I noticed one of the tires on the trailer had lost about 2 inches of tread all the way around.  We were fortunate that the tire did not blow out on the road.  It ususally causes damage to the undercarrage and fender wells of the trailer when it happens.
   The next day I removed the wheel and took it to Discount Tire in Flagstaff for a replacement.  It was only two years old.  That is the last Les Schwab tire I put on my vehicles. 
   I also had a flat on my side of our Sleep Comfort.  Changing altitudes causes problems with air mattresses.  A leak, not fixable, causing a phone call to SC and a new bladder shipped UPS.  I will be more careful nest time and lower my mattress pressure when I travel over mountains.
 

No comments: