Thursday, July 21, 2011

Faucet

    Before we headed to our gig at Cape Blanco, I replaced the RV bath faucet in the trailer with one designed for a home bath.  It looked better and felt much better.  However, within 3 weeks, it failed and the cold water refused to shut off.  There is no Home Depot within 150 miles so I visited a hardware store in Port Orford which had a total of two bathroom faucets to choose from.  The installation went well and did not leak.  I put the defective device in the storage area for later returns.
    When we got settled here in the Portland area, I found the nearest Home Depot, which is about two miles away.  I did get the orignal purchase price credited to my account.  After listening to our story, the female clerk wrote "enternal failure" on the return slip.  Our new faucet has not failed yet.

No comments: