Thursday, February 10, 2022

Breakdowns

 We had several "breakdowns" lately.  Just normal usage I guess.  First, a string broke on one of our window shades.  I ordered a repair kit from a RV supplier.  The kit came quickly.  I viewed the You Tube instructions.  It didn't look too complicated.  However, the actual process was not as easy.  The end caps were a bugger to get off.  I broke or cracked almost all the them during removal.  

   So now I needed to order end caps.  Not as easy to find as "repair kits".  After a couple of tries, I finally found a company in Vancouver, Washington.  Yesterday I received the end caps and after 2+ hours of labor I now  an operating window shade again.

Number two was our La Crosse weather station.  It stopped showing outside temperature and wind information.  After several emails back and forth I received a replacement unit and my weather information is now back operating well.

The third is a power cord for my laptop,  It has been on order for two weeks and I'm still waiting. 

No comments: