Friday, April 9, 2021

Foot Work

    April is the Foot month.  At least for Randa and me.   I had a spur removed from my little toe on my left foot.  I have been enduring the discomfort of this spur rubbing against the other toe.  My local podiatrist, Dr. Bodmer, twice trimmed the callus to temporally lessen the discomfort but the s  olution was to remove it.  So yesterday morning, in his office, it was removed.  I have a boot.  My foot is well-wrapped.  It's a bit sore, but not much worse than what the spur had been creating.  I have meds, instructions to not get my foot wet and to avoid walking.  Bottom line is Randa is walking the boys. doing both tours today and tomorrow and I'm doing nothing.  

   Monday is our next dental appointment in Algodones , Mexico.  Wednesday was our first trip.  It's about 500 miles round trip to go get dental work, but the financial benefits totally make up for it.  I had a root canal which wasn't necessarily pleasant but it was quick and efficient.  There Cost - $350.   Randa is getting two crowns replaced  ( 620 ) and I will be getting a crown as well.  Randa paid 1350 in Canby and 800 for one she received in a town near here.  So you see that it is a no-brainer to drive to Mexico.  Our dentist Dr Montoya, is great.  We have been going to her for 6 or 7 years and our US dentists have been impressed by her work.  

   So our exciting life goes on.   Spring is here in the desert and the arboretum.


No comments: