Thursday, June 23, 2016

Another cool old truck

I like trucks.  Old trucks, new trucks, big trucks, little trucks.  This one is parked at Boeger Winery just outside of Placerville, Ca.  Nice place.  The wine was not my favorite.  R and I prefer the sweeter tastes and so most wines do not appeal to us.  Wine snobs, we are definitely not !

  Placerville is a very nice town for spending a day.  Nice downtown area.  Lots of variety in the shops.  I enjoyed the "Army Surplus" store.  Lots of camo.  Lots of military stuff.
The Hardware store is a definite "Must See".  It has been there for over a hundred years.  Everything from soup to nuts.  It was a blast just wandering around checking things out.  I asked the clerk, "How do you inventory this place?"  He said, "We don't.  We are grandfathered by the state."   It's a good thing because it would take days, or weeks, or ........  A place to check out when you a there.  Many antique shops as well.

No comments: