Sunday, May 3, 2015

Saturday

Yesterday I spent the day with my son on a warm sunny day amid lots of cool cars.  It doesn't get much better than this.  The location was Sandy, Oregon just east of Portland.  Like I said, lots of cars and trucks, lots of people, burgers and brats cooking on a giant grill, oldies music on the loudspeakers, and car guys (and gals) showing off their pride and joys.
 

 The fleet varied from new or almost new, to old and many, many in between.  A few of my favorites were a car that belonged to the current owner's grandmother.  It was a 57 Chevy 4-door hardtop that showed her thriftiness.  Six cylinder, no radio, no clock.  I was surprised that it wasn't a two door sedan but otherwise it was the car that a gramma would buy.  New belts and hoses were purchased before it was driven back here from Indiana.  Otherwise, it was as gramma owned it.



  Another standout was the 37 Mercury Zepher coupe with a V-12.  I heard that it was found in a barn.  Imagine finding something like that !





   How about the Austin Healy 3000 that the guy has owned since 62.  British Racing Green of course.






A great day !

No comments: